Getting to Know JMatt
Those that have seen his posts on social media consider JMatt a variety of things, everything from a food reviewer to a vlogger. If you asked JMatt about that, he’d say he’s an ‘accidental foodie’ that just wants to do his part in supporting his community.
Simply put, JMatt is a content creator in the city of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Going beyond that general overview, he founded our HashtagMKE community and has been hosting free events since January 2017. He is also a former on-air personality for 103.7 KISS-FM (which is where you may recognize his voice from).
His presence on TikTok has grown to an impressive 146,000 followers (gaining 125,000 of them during the pandemic), his focus is on showcasing the good that the city of Milwaukee has to offer. If you’d like to collaborate or be a sponsor on future TikToks, check out his media kit.
He has been creating custom GIFs through GIPHY for a couple of years and has over 150,000,000 views of his GIFs worldwide! You can browse through hundreds of his searchable GIFs through his verified account at @JMattMke.
JMatt is also a mental health advocate and is passionate about spreading suicide awareness and prevention. He has participated in the 22 Pushup Challenge on Instagram for 1,500 days in a row on Instagram (@JMattMke) with the goal to provide resources like the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline of 1-800-273-8255 or the Crisis Text Line which you can text HELLO to 741-741 for help. You can also donate to some of the local causes he’s affiliated with like Lift for the 22 (providing gym memberships to veterans struggling with PTSD) or the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP – Wisconsin Chapter).
If you’d like to collaborate with JMatt you can hit him up on the social media platform of your choice at @JMattMke (same handle on TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube Shorts, and Snapchat)! If you’d like to collaborate with HashtagMKE, we have a few ways you can get involved.
View this post on Instagram
JMatt: In The News + Online Features
- TwitterSmarter(Twitter Chat guest host): “Navigating Negativity with JMatt” (March 30, 2017)
- How She Sees Milwaukee: “How We See MKE – JMatt of HashtagMKE” (May 7, 2018)
- Social ROI(Twitter Chat guest host): “The Power of GIFs: The Do’s and Don’ts” (September 26, 2018)
- Content Chat(Twitter Chat guest host): “Making Content More Personal with Custom Animated GIFs” (September 29, 2018)
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel: “How companies are sliding into your Instagram DMs and wherever else you send a GIF” (March 4, 2019)
- TwitterSmarter (Twitter Chat guest host): “Growing Your Presence on TikTok” (March 23, 2021)