About Our Events
Attend networking events every second Thursday of the month at different locations throughout the city of Milwaukee; great for content creators and social media enthusiasts. Each event focuses on a different topic with special guests invited for you to talk with (no panels or presentations, just casual networking).
Content Creator Meetups
Twice a year JMatt hosts Content Creator Meetups (originally created as TikTok Meetups) to encourage content creation at unique locations in Milwaukee. The events also collect food donations for local pantries.
Social Media Workshops
HashtagMKE is available to host workshops on a variety of social media marketing topics depending on an organization’s needs. In addition, we can lead Networking 101 workshops for anyone new to networking or looking to be more confident when attending events.
Learn more about our social media coaching and consulting services.
Agency AFTER Hours
This series is on hold, but when active, it’s every other month at Milwaukee-based agencies that offer social media services (in addition to their other services). Each event includes a 20-minute presentation from the agency and cocktails provided by our friends at Low Key Hospitality.
What should I wear to a HashtagMKE event?
- Your attire should match your personal brand. For example, JMatt (our event host) typically wears high tops, jeans, a branded zip-up hoodie, and his HashtagMKE hat.
- If you’re still not sure, business casual is always a safe approach.
Are there any costs?
- Our HashtagMKE Socials are free to attend as are most of our events. Some workshops have a registration fee.
- The only cost during the event is up to you and what you want to drink (or eat) at the venue.
Should I skip the event if I’m running late?
- Come when you can, our events are scheduled for 2 hours, but we often stay for 30-60 minutes after the event. The exception is if the venue has a hard stop time (the event details will mention that).
What can I expect from a HashtagMKE Social?
- Our HashtagMKE Socials are casual networking events. When you arrive, grab a nametag and write your social media handle or name. Then add your social media handle to the whiteboard.
- Blue nametags are for attendees of the event, red nametags are for our special guests who are knowledgeable on the event’s topic.
Special Guests and Topics – are there presentations or panels?
- Our HashtagMKE Socials do not have presentations or panels. Our special guests are available for you to chat with directly, you can ask them specific questions based on your interests or needs.
Where can I connect with the HashtagMKE community between events?
- Our groups are private to ensure the community is kept to people in the greater Milwaukee area.
- We have two Facebook Groups
- We also have a HashtagMKE LinkedIn Group.